MBBS Full Form
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. In latin MBBS means Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
Click on the above paragraph to listen to the MBBS full form
The below article has all the essential and detailed information regarding the MBBS full form, Meaning, Definition Education eligibility criteria, Age limit, Selection process, Program duration, Fees, Salary, and frequently asked questions related to the MBBS full form.
MBBS Full Form Overview
Before discussing, let us have an overview of the MBBS full form.
|Definition||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery|
|Country / Region||Worldwide|
More Information about MBBS
MBBS is one of the most popular undergraduate medical programs in India. The course duration of the MBBS is 5-6 years including the duration of the internship. Students who passed out with a combination of science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English in Higher Secondary are eligible to apply for this course.
There are thousands of private and government colleges, institutions, and universities around the globe that award this degree to students. Some other abbreviations are used for MBBS in different countries like MB ChB, MB BCh, MB BChir (Cantab), BM BCh (Oxon), BMBS, BAO (Hons), MB BS, BM BS, etc. In the European continent and USA, the undergraduate course in medicine is called Doctor of Medicine (MD).
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Degree
Below mentioned are some highlights of the MBBS degree course.
|Course Level and Type||Undergraduate Degree Program|
|Age Criteria||17 to 25 years at the time of admission|
|Education Required||10+2 (Science) + NEET|
|Course Mode and Duration||Full Time – 5 to 6 years|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exams like NEET, AIIMS MBBS, JCECE, JIPMER|
Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exams for MBBS
- Candidates must have passed the XII / 10+2 / Intermediate / Higher Secondary level of examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- General candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in the 10+2 examination. However, a minimum of 40% marks are required for candidates belongs to reserved categories.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years (lower age limit) to apply for the MBBS program and the upper age limit to apply for the MBBS program is 25 years.
- Candidates must qualify for the entrance exams like NEET, AIIMS MBBS, JCECE, JIPMER to take admission for the MBBS degree program.
For detailed information, visit the official website of the Medical Council of India (MCI), who are the regulatory authorities for MBBS to understand the additional eligibility conditions as mentioned by them.
Subject Offered in MBBS Degree Course
Below mentioned are the subjects offered by the MBBS course curriculum in the medical and healthcare industry.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
MBBS Career, Scope, and Salary
Lets us check out the MBBS career and scope guide and advice, MBBS average salary offered, and much more.
|General Physician – Approx Rs 4-5 lakh per annum|
|MBBS degree holders can start their careers as general physicians who examine, diagnose, cure, and treat the general health problems of patients. Physicians are highly trained specialists who study patients, treat acute and chronic illnesses and prescribe medications, provide preventive care, health education to patients, and a range of non-surgical health care to adult patients.|
|Pediatrician – Approx Rs 4.5 lakh per annum|
|A pediatrician is a medical practitioner who specializes in the treatment of ill children and their diseases and examines their general growth and development from birth until age 18. A pediatrician is trained to provide preventive care, diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases and helps in the growth and development of children.|
|Medical Assistant (Surgery) – Approx Rs 3-4 lakh per annum|
|MBBS degree holders can start their career as Medical Assistants to learn about performing surgeries on patients in various specializations such as cardiology, dermatology, oncology, nephrology, neurology, gynecology, ophthalmology, etc. It is a good option to study, learn, diagnose and treat patients with modern surgical techniques as per their medical specialty.|
Top Medical Recruitment Organizations and Companies
Below mentioned is the list of top medical recruitment organizations/ companies in India to recruit medical students.
- Medanta Hospitals
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Cipla Ltd
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Wockhardt Ltd
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
List of Top 10 Medical Colleges / Institutions / Universities in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
List of Top 10 MBBS Colleges / Institutions / Universities in the World
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Harvard University, United States
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Stanford University, United States
- University of Toronto, Canada
- Yale University, United States
- Johns Hopkins University, United States
- University College London (UCL), United Kingdom
- Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
This degree is currently awarded in various forms in the institutions of different countries such as Australia, Barbados, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Botswana, China, Egypt, Fiji, Guyana, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Indonesia, Ireland, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kuwait, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Malawi, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Check MBBS Full Form in Other Languages
|MBBS Full Form in HINDI|
|एमबीबीएस – चिकित्सा स्त्रातक और शल्य चिकित्सा स्त्रातक। एमबीबीएस का मतलब बैचलर ऑफ मेडिसिन और बैचलर ऑफ सर्जरी है। एमबीबीएस विभिन्न देशों में मेडिकल कॉलेजों और विश्वविद्यालयों द्वारा प्रदान की जाने वाली चिकित्सा और शल्य चिकित्सा में एक पेशेवर स्नातक डिग्री है। हालांकि, बैचलर ऑफ मेडिसिन और बैचलर ऑफ सर्जरी दो अलग-अलग डिग्री हैं जो अभ्यास के दौरान संयुक्त और सम्मानित किए जाते हैं।|
|MBBS Full Form in CHINESE|
|MBBS代表医学学士学位和外科学士学位。 MBBS是由各个国家的医学院和大学提供的医学和外科医学专业的本科学位。 但是，医学学士学位和外科医学士学位是在实践过程中结合在一起并授予的两个不同学位。|
|MBBS Full Form in LATIN|
|MBBS stat pro Baccalaureus Dissertationum Medicarum Selectarum: Baccalaureus chirurgiae. MBBS sit amet adipiscing gradum in Medicinae medicinae et manu redditur, provisum est a medicinae scholis et gymnasiis, in variis regionibus. Autem, summisque in medicina honoribus et Bachelor Bachelor of Medicine gradus sunt duo ista coniuncta sunt et non simul in usu consideratum.|
Some Other Terms, Definitions, and MBBS Full Forms
Below mentioned is the list of some other important and useful MBBS full forms that are essential to know.
|MBBS||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (various locations)|
|MBBS||Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (Latin)|
|MBBS||Moderated Bulletin Board Service|
|MBBS||Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary (Fresno, CA)|
|MBBS||Mian Biwi Bachon Samait|
|MBBS||Mouth Big Brain Small|
|MBBS||Managed Broad-Band Service|
|MBBS||Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed (former Pakistani Prime Minister)|
|MBBS||Member of the Big Bum Society|
|MBBS||Mitochondrial Benzodiazepine Binding Site|
FAQs Related to MBBS Full Form
What is the Full Form of MBBS?
What are the popular specializations for MBBS students?
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Organ Transplant
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology