Top Medical Full Forms List 2021 - Learn Medical Related Full Forms
Medical Full Forms
The health care industry also called the medical sector plays a crucial role in a country. It plays an important role in the physical health of people and economic development and creates a positive impact on society. The medical sector is full of technical jargon and contains lots of abbreviations. Doctors and other health care professionals commonly use many short forms, abbreviations, and other medical terms to give instructions to their patients.
Advantages of Medical Full Forms
Medical sectors are full of shorts forms and abbreviations. Various abbreviations and short forms are used in the health care community and are very important to know to understand medical technology.
Check various categories lying under the health care industry and their services and benefits.
- Health Care Organizations – International healthcare organization WHO provides leadership in public health concerns, sets norms and regulations and monitors health work around the world.
- Hospitals & Medical Institutions – They are a very essential part of the healthcare system. They provide treatment to peoples with many minor and serious diseases, disorders of body functions, etc.
- Doctors & Medical Staff – Doctors and medical staffs are the backbones of hospitals. They study the patient, then analyze their problems, health issues, and consult medications.
- Pharmaceuticals Industry – Pharmaceuticals industries are responsible for the research, development, and manufacturing of new medicines, drugs, and vaccines.
- Modern Medical Technology – It is the future of healthcare technology. Modern medical devices, equipment, and machines are used in the health care system to save human life.
- Health Insurance Services – In the private sector, hospitalization and medical care are expensive. It can empty your pocket. Health insurance protects you and your family from unexpected, high medical expenses.
Many short forms are used to define the name of the various health care organizations and institutes. Some of the examples are – WHO for World Health Organization, NACO for National AIDS Control Organisation. Short forms are also used in medical terms such as CPR for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, RBC for Red Blood Cell, etc. Abbreviations are used to define the name of many diseases like COVID-19 for Coronavirus disease 2019, ACVD for Atherosclerotic Cardio Vascular Disease.
Some examples of the Top Medical Full Forms List are mentioned below:
This section contains a list of various medical-related acronyms and abbreviations.
- MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- CBC: Complete Blood Count
- COPD: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- ECG: Electrocardiogram
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- OPD: Outpatient Department
- RNA: Ribonucleic Acid
- X-RAY: Electromagnetic Radiation
- BMI: Body Mass Index
- AIDS: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- ICU: Intensive Care Unit
- AIIMS: All India Institute Of Medical Sciences
- ACS: American Chemical Society
- CMO: Chief Medical Office
- OCD: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- DNA: Deoxyribonucleic Acid
|Also Learn full forms with categories of different topics including General Full Forms, Educational, Banking, Technology, Automobile, Examination, Gadget, Finance, Science, Computer & IT, Organizational, Internet, Medical, Telecom, Political, Numerical, and A to Z full forms list to boost your knowledge.|
All the information mentioned above on the page along with frequently asked questions (FAQs) mentioned below will help you immensely to know and understand the various medical terminologies. There are numerous other medical terms that you can find easily on the internet for comprehensive expertise in learning medical terms. In the end, it is important to remember that we shouldn’t forget the actual names while using acronyms, abbreviations, or initialisms. We will keep updating this page (Medical full forms list 2021) regularly so that you stay up to date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)